Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pertussis anyone?

I really don't want to keep talking about
illness but since we've been living and
breathing it for a couple of weeks now I
finally have an answer as to why Mara
was so sick. I'm sure the strep throat
didn't help but neither would the
Whooping Cough that she was diagnosed
with today. She has already been treated
for it with the antibiotics that she received
for the strep. She's covered and getting
better finally. The rest of us however are
under a bit of quarantine and got started
on antibiotics. All five of us. By the way,
she was vaccinated for this as an infant. We
did what we could to prevent this. Outbreaks
still happen I guess.

8 comments:

the voice of melody said...

I hope she feels better real soon!

mrs boo radley said...

Prayers!

Beth E. said...

Oh my goodness! That's scary to think that she went through the vaccine and STILL got it! Poor little thing...I'm praying for her AND the rest of your family. Hang in there, honey...

Shelly said...

Praying...hang in there; I think sometimes those long illnesses are harder on the mommies than the kiddos who are sick! :-)

Katie and Oresti said...

Hi, I got your comment on my blog and all you have to do is order the 2 hat item, and just put in the message to seller part what ages your kids are. But I'll remember also what ages they are, and anything over 4 years old is about the same size anyway:)
I'm so sorry to hear your little girl is so sick! How scary! I'll be praying you all feel better soon!
Katie
here's the link to my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6267527

April said...

congratulations...you are my first follower! How does it feel!?

Honeybee said...

I hope you all get well very soon! Can't wait to see you all this wednesday!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Whooping cough swett through our family when Eric was only 5 months old. Scared me to death that he was so sick, and the rest of us. I am praying for not just sanity in your home, but a sanitized home, that is sickness free.