Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beginnings

This boy loves a few things. Legos, star wars, building
blocks,play-doh, playing games, wrestling, having
friends over,eating sugar, and being read to. However,
this is his new love. Too bad my husband ran over his
bike the day after he learned. The bike still works, the
tire is a bit warped, but Ian doesn't mind. He hops on
and adjusts just fine. Maybe he's trying to teach me a
few things.

I loved this shot of my children on the first day of school.
They were getting ready to get pictures taken and the
excitement of the gackle of girls that walks with them
to school pulled their attention away. Sometimes it's just
nice to have a friend or two to walk with. Isn't it?

All were excited to head off to school. Autumn is completely
prepared and ready to go. Mara probably could use a few
more hours of sleep but still happy to see friends. Ian
is giddy with anticipation.

Me, I am fine. I had two whole hours to myself this morning.
It was pure bliss. Apparently I will survive. :)

7 comments:

Shelly said...

I nearly choked on the popcorn I was eating when I read "too bad my husband ran over it the day after he learned to ride"!! that is sooo funny! I'll bet DH felt bad, huh!

I'm envious of your 2 hours all to yourself! :-)

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Enjoy your well deserved alone time. :) I'm so glad you are back to blogging! Junk Bonanza is this coming weekend in Shakopee. Wish I could come up this year to see some junk and meet you this time around...maybe next year. :)

Honeybee said...

you will survive and you might even like it!

Beth E. said...

Is kindergarten just taught for half a day there? Or was the first day for everyone just half a day? Either way, it's nice to have some time to yourself! :-)

Unknown said...

love the pictures, send them to me!

elizabeth embracing life said...

boys and bikes...I think we have had a few bent wheels, that found their way under a vehicle. Your children are all just so adoraoble in the first day of school pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love the back to school pictures :)