Wednesday, February 20, 2008

3rd Grade woes...


Today as my oldest was leaving for school she said
"Another day with Daniel" and sighed. She seemed extremely
down and I know that it is hard to spend day after day side
by side someone that is not so nice. She has been having
problems with this little boy at school pretty much all
year but it's never anything more than annoyances. I won't
go into the details but he is obviously a hurting youngster. He seems
to me like a someone that needs love and attention and his
attitude is a reflection of not getting all the love that
a little boy in third grade needs. I'm always reminding my daughter
to be nice to him. She assures me she is and I really hope that is
true. Today as she was sighing and thinking about the horrible
day ahead I reminded her of an important bible verse that I
often repeat to myself. "Cast your anxiety on Him because he
cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 My hope and prayer is that she can
use this verse today and throughout her life. What a wonderful
teaching moment God provided for me this morning. I am so
thankful that I recognized this moment and pray that I will have
many more opportunities to teach them righteousness. I also
pray that my child feels the love of God protecting her always.

7 comments:

April said...

http://apriljean24.blogspot.com/2008/02/little-bit-o-info.html

You have been tagged!

April said...

p.s. A looks SOOOOO beautiful here! Seriously model material!

Anonymous said...

Oh, 3rd grade woes!!!

Yeah, she looks adorable here!!!!

elizabeth embracing life said...

My oldest had a boy that annoyed him until 9th grade and a honestly to this day I believe it built compassion in my son to see the behaviors for what this little boy was lacking. Interesting enough it all started in 3rd grade. Keep speaking into your daughter's life, what a great mommy!!

Amy said...

What a bummer...you never want your kiddo to dread going to school, for any reason.
But great idea to 'arm her' with a verse to meditate on.

Anonymous said...

I so love reading your entries and knowing that I'm not alone in the journey of mommihood :)

Tonya said...

AWE, she's so pretty! (And looks SO SWEET!) I hate that some kids are so rotten to others. They really shouldn't have to put up with that kind of thing. GREAT JOB, Mom, for making it a "teachable moment."

Love,
Tonya