Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Venting

Here is an e-mail that I sent to the Soccer Director of our city. The prices of soccer went up again to $85.00 for 6 weeks of kicking the ball around. This doesn't even include the pictures that will no doubt cost another $50. Sorry, I'm crabby. Why do we have to take out small loans to have our children play sports or be involved in activities? Funny that I have had no response in the two days since I sent it. Thanks for letting me vent.



Hello xxxxx,

I’ve noticed that (my city) Soccer has increased the prices for in house programs. I’ve compared the rates with other local communities and am shocked by the difference in fees. Is there a reason that (my city) is so expensive? I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Faith Hope Love Mama

City A-$40
City B-$50
City C-$50
YMCA-$62 (non members)

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, that's so annoying!! So far we haven't run into that too much with our local sports. We do have some Skyhawks sports camps here that are a bit pricey, but everything else is very reasonable. Good for you for stepping up and asking questions! Maybe something will change...

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I would love to sign up Kellon for sports. I know he would enjoy soccer. It's hard to afford it with gas, uniforms, pictures on top of the membership fees! Good for you that you sent a letter. I'm sure they will have many reasons they raised the price...they always do.

soccer mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soccer mama said...

Oh hunny, I could go on and on about this issue with you! Do you know how much traveling sports and high school sports cost? Its insane! The team Kristian was on last year has now made the status of "showcase team" which means that team wont even play in MN anymore. There are tryouts coming up, and if he makes the team we dont know if we can actually let him play there because it is so expensive, even though if he plays for this team he is sure to be scouted for college and given a scholarship. (This team costs in the thousands) It is very frustrating and confusing for us. We hate to tell him that he cant play at the level that he is at because we dont have the money, but that is reality. So we totally understand the money and sports thing! I think that your city is so high because they supply a full uniform, even at the rec level. Have you heard anything back?