Bedtime has always been tricky with my little
man Ian. He has always snuck into the bed
of a willing sister or under cover of darkness
has crawled under my covers while I am
completely exhausted and too tired to care.
As he slumbers he holds his blanket in one hand,
sucks on his tongue (like he's nursing) and keeps
his other hand or foot touching me or hubby.
We have struggled with how to keep him in bed
for years now. I've considered a lock on his door
or an alarm. I am sure this will end at some point.
He is almost 5 and is getting too big for bed
sharing. A few nights ago I prayed with him in
his bed. I was praying aloud while he listened and
I was asking Jesus to help him feel safe in his room,
to give him a restful night, and so on. I said to Ian,
"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be
still." Referencing a verse in Exodus that I love.
I was thinking he would be comforted by this as he
claims he is fearful in his room and I was trying to
assure him that Jesus was there with him.
Kids are so literal. Ian froze at that moment and held
himself in a frozen position. He truly thought that I
meant he had to be physically still. It was so funny.
The bedtime battle will probably go on no matter
what we try. Night lights, hall lights, flash lights and
even Jesus (the light of the world) are all on board.
I just need to remember to be still.

™

8 comments:
Nice lashes, kid. Wow.
CUTE :O)
precious pic...gosh i miss him!
What a little sweetheart!
Bless him, Lord. Help Ian to feel Your comfort, strength, and protection. Please hold him close to You, Father, give him sweet sleep throughout each night, and help him to feel safe.
In Jesus' name...Amen! :o)
Sweet picture. My brother and I sucked on our tongue when we were younger. I catch myself doing it every so often. :)
Hey girlie..
I would LOVE to get to see you on your way to your sister's place this summer. Do you know your route yet?? If you wanna email me where you're starting from and heading to, I'll look it up on MapQuest. Then I can find the closest point that you'll be when you pass through. (I don't mind at all driving a bit to see you) =-) How COOL AND AMAZING will it be to get to finally meet in person???
What a sweet picture...we've had some trouble with Benji in that area, also. His current thing is asking in such a sweet voice, "Mommy, will you have a sleep-over with me?"
what a precious picture! My sweet little Valentine boy! Grandma loves you!
Post a Comment