Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me Monday





I did not rip down the wall paper border in our bathroom

and start priming the walls. I did not take off the trim,

towel racks, and decorations one day when hubby was at

work. Not me!



My hubby did not tell me he needs to give me a sedative

for 8 months out of the year to keep me from tearing our

house apart. Who me?



I did not secretly love the fact that Awana is done till fall

and that I am not teaching toddlers on Sundays for the

whole summer. What kind of child care worker am I?



I did not sit in a meeting this week learning about 5th grade

band and cry a little inside because my girl is growing up

too quickly.



I did not look for jobs this week in the paper and be

thoroughly disgusted with my lack of options in

my previous field. What now?



Lastly, I did not hide my middle daughter's blanket

(she's 7 and sucks her thumb) three weeks ago and

think it was fine because she had never asked about

it. Only to discover she told my husband she thought

she lost in when we visited friends in our neighboring

state and was too upset to tell me. I did not feel a huge

weight of guilt and pull it out my dresser for her.

Not me-my mothering skills are way better than that.



So very glad to participate in another edition of

Not Me Monday because that means Stellan is home!

Yeah! Head on over to My Charming Kids to see what

others are most definitely not doing. :)

4 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Ah yes. Tearing the house apart when husband is away. I'm prone to that too.

You did not win a photo in my contest last week...did I tell you that yet? Or maybe you read about it already. I think I still have your address!

Beth E. said...

We tore down lots of wallpaper in every house we moved to. Needless to say, we didn't put any back up...we painted! Wallpapering is hard work!

Great NM's!

Honeybee said...

So, what are you going to do to the bathroom? Just updating it? Was M glad to have her blankie back?

Shelly said...

Laughing out loud about the sedative to prevent you from tearing the house apart! I'm sure my husband wishes there were some pill like that for me for the ENTIRE year, I just attacked him about wanting to rip up the carpet...