Grandpa Jack is stable. He is spending the night in
the ICU to recover. His surgery did not go as
planned and there will have to be a plan B from
here. His original aneurysm that was coiled
has regrown by 50%. The neurosurgeon tried
for nearly 6 hours to place a stint in his artery so
more blood flow does not cause more damage
to the aneurysm and rupture again. It was
unsuccessful. The poor guy had surgery
through both of his groin areas and poked
around in his brain. Amazing technology.
Unfortunately he is an extremely complex case
that will probably need a very risky and major
surgery to fix things. His surgeon will be
consulting his colleagues from around the country
and getting several opinions before we move
forward with anything else. He may even have
to go out of state for this next surgery. So, today
was a lot of waiting (Ian was a trooper), praying,
hoping, and a little bit of disappointment. I am
thankful that we were able to say hello to him even
if only for a moment. He looked a little rough and
was having a lot of pain. If you could whisper another
prayer on behalf of our dear Grandpa Jack I would
greatly appreciate it. Blessings dear friends.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

™

9 comments:
praying for you Jack..hang in there.
Praying RIGHT NOW!
Praying; it's so hard to see a beloved grandparent sick! I miss mine so much!
Praying!!
Are you in the same town? We'll pray for special comfort if you have to go through this far away.
I will keep him in my prayers.
Hey Sweet Friend...
I find myself once again apologizing for being a TERRIBLE bloggy buddy. It's hard to believe that we stay so busy. (I suppose it's like this for everyone?) ☺
Anyway, I've missed you and am glad I didn't totally miss out on the chance to pray for Mr. Jack. I will DEFINITELY lift him in prayer!
Take care, Sweet Friend.. I ♥ U
Hey, hon...just checking in to see how you all are doing and how Grandpa Jack is...
I need a new blog update!
Post a Comment