Look who is cozily sleeping away on his bed, covered with Mara's blanket and using the tooth fairy pillow to rest his weary head. Yeah! Our cat has returned. Hard to believe, I know. I am still shaking my head about it.
Last weekend my sister April printed out missing signs that we posted around the neighborhood and placed in mailboxes. Earlier this week we got a phone call about a black and white cat that someone had seen and when Hubby went to investigate we discovered it was not our cat. A big let down but really we didn't expect anything different.
Today, a mother of one of Mara's classmates called saying she found a black and white cat in her garage. We had a terrible storm last night and they accidentally forgot to shut their garage and discovered it open this morning with a cat in it. Her daughter remembered Mara talking about her missing cat and so she called me. I rushed to her house which is pretty far away and sure enough my cat, our beloved Sammy was there. I couldn't believe it. He ran right up to me and I cried.
I can't believe he is home after 9 days missing. (it's a 2 % chance of your pet ever coming home after being lost) I can't believe we actually know the people where Sammy decided to stay in their garage. I can't believe the little girl remembered about Mara's missing cat and told her mom. Also, the son that discovered our cat shares the same name as him, Sam. How cool.
We are so happy!! We really, really missed him. I know it's just a cat but he is a precious family member in our house and we are celebrating his return.

™

14 comments:
Well he is certainly entitled to a feast of catnip delights! We're so very happy for all of you!
WHEW!
I'm so glad to see your cat is safe and sound at home! I'm sure the whole family is so excited! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!
That darn Sammy! NEVER AGAIN outside! He abused his privilege!
So happy he is back!
what a tiny blessing of God's love for you :o) isn't that just like him to show his love in such a fun way!?
YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!
cute kitty
Hi Amy!
I'm kicking off summer break by hosting a fun summer party at my blog :o) Please come for a visit :o)
wow! What a happy ending to this story! I'm glad you have your cat back home, safe and sound!
Yay!!! I am so happy for your family! Our pets mean so much to us, and they give us so much love that it is quite heart breaking when anything happens to them -- even when it turns out to be "just" a 9-day adventure.
So glad he is home, safe and sound, where he belongs.
That is so cool that he came back! I miss you dearly. I am in the radio roomhere at Shofar (our building) looking out over the mountains and over to the ocean.
We have two more outreach concerts, a corp. board mtg., Sunday service, and then we start our escent back home on Monday.
Thanks for all of yur support and prayers...they really mean a lot to Tom and I!
Oh my goodness! I"m so happy for you! Is he allowed to go outside again? ;-)
Hi Amy! You havent blogged in a while, I just thought that I would stop by and say hello. I hope all is well with you and your family!
That is basically amazing on all accounts. I think it's truly a faith buidling moment for you kids too. Happy Cat Homecoming.
That is a very cool story. I did not know about the 2% part. When I was 10 years old I lost my 1 yr old kitty and she was gone for two whole weeks. I was devastated. Miraculously, she reappeared in our yard one night. Her paws were all bloody and she was scrawny as nothing. Not to mention, it was the middle of winter and there was 2 feet of snow on the ground! I think God cares about those little furry members of our families too, and He probably had something to do with your kitty being reunited with you. :)
Post a Comment