Monday, August 4, 2008

Grow Love

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

VBS started tonight. We are off and running. I must admit I was a little nervous as I pulled into the parking lot and discovered my four year suffering from one of his migraine's as he proceeded to throw up all over the pavement. So, this is not how I planned my first night of directing VBS to be but thankfully hubby was there to help him and I could focus on the tasks at hand. I was able to replace a leader that was needed as of yesterday because someone was not able to make it. My computer problems were not fixed and I had to re-type the parent letter for tonight. However, I seemed to remember all the highlights and it was fine.
Here is the great and awesome news. We had 16 children from the neighborhood around our church attend tonight. 16 children that could walk away from this event knowing Jesus as their Savior. How awesome is that? I sit in awe of the events of tonight. Our theme this year is learning the fruits of the Spirit. Tonight was about growing love. It is because I love these children and because Jesus has shown me love that I serve. I thank God for giving me this desire. I am so thankful to be a part of this. Thank you for those that have prayed for this. You have blessed me and blessed these children!!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start! But, wow! A 4 year old with migranes?! Oh my, poor baby! I'll pray for him, too.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I'm so sorry your boy has to go through migraines. Especially at such a young age. I get them and they are NO FUN!

VBS is always fun! Kellon had a great time at his! So glad to hear there were so many visitors to learn about God's word! :)

Any decisions on the sign?

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Sorry I didn't get your email last week. I just thought your were having computer problems...which it looks like you still are. Isn't sad how dependent we are on those computers!

If you would like the letters in 2 rows staggered instead of shadowed, would you like the originaly plan of having the base color be burdundy with cream(antiqued) letters? I know that's what she initially wanted. You can just let me know on my comments, since that last email didn't go through. Thanks!

Unknown said...

You go "Hope-Giver" Mama!!! We'll be praying for you!

No dates set by the happy couple yet. Just lots of smiles, grins, hugs and joy....

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Yes, I got your second comment. I'll get started on that sign. I'll let you know when it's done. Thanks so much! Have a great day!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I think I've been doing "VBS" in one form or another since the cradle. It's just what I do. I can't help but get involved, although I frequently think about retiring my hat!

I'm in the story room this year, and with the help of husband and older sons we are having fun with the skits (we improvise ALOT!!!).

Anyway, I'm always amazed at the attention of the kids, and I try to remember the "seed planting" mission we've been given as keepers of the Great Commission.

God is faithful to do the rest.

Thank you for your willingness to shepherd in the midst of your obvious "busy." These are good days to be yoked alongside you in kingdom work.

May God grant you the wisdom, patience, grace, and love that you need to come out on the other side of all of it.

Thanks for visiting the blog. I ordered the bracelets through kingdomwear.com

peace~elaine

PS: Hubby and I celebrated 11 years in July.

Amy said...

Just remember that...
and that those kids won't have a clue of any of the 'unexpected mishaps' along the way.
They just know they're having fun.

Raggedy Angel said...

That is wonderful...16 children saved on the first night! That is great! Beth

elizabeth embracing life said...

Poor little fella getting the sickies. I directed VBS last year and my four year old climbed onto the stage SCREAMING "I WANT MY MOMMY". Needless to say God blessed me with a sitter he loved and he was able to be home all week. God bless you for giving up your time to HIS important business of teaching kids about him.