Monday, August 11, 2008

VBS 2008


Last week was by far the best week I have ever had while being involved with Vacation Bible School. This year's theme was Son Harvest County Fair and we learned the fruit of the spirit. I have over 600 pictures from the week and thought I would share a few.

Here is the backdrop on our stage. It was both a farm house setting and then became a County Fair the last night.


We had wonderful skits each night and the kids absolutely loved it!


Here is me filling in at the registration booth with a wonderful lady. (won't include her name today as I haven't asked her permission) :)




The pre-schoolers had there own room that was decorated as a barnyard. It was adorable!







We had several displays like this as our foyer was set up to look like the judging at a county fair. I had so much fun setting everything up.












Here is Autumn with a few of her pals. Being the social butterfly that she is, she loved spending every evening with her buddies.











Here is my little man Ian getting ready to work on some crafts. He was so very proud of all of his hard work this year.













The last night was dress like a farmer night.(or cowboy I suppose)














The snacks were simple but great. All the kids loved the fruit cabobs and Ian loved the sword that they came on. :)












Mara took this corn husking race quite seriously. Isn't this great?!















Loved this picture that hubby took. He was in charge of photographing our week and he took some great shots of our steeple.
Thanks again for those that prayed with me along this journey. Blessings to you all.
"In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands."
Psalms 102:25












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with VBS. If we still lived in MN, I would most definitely send my boys here!

I'm so sorry I missed you! I hope we connect in the future!!!

Thank you for all your kind words! You are a dear friend and close to my heart!

Amy said...

It looks great! All your efforts paid off!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Now, I love me some VBS! We just finished ours (I've been doing it for decades...) last week. Powerful time with the children and with God. Thanks for visiting my blog. You have your hands full with all that you are doing.

Keep to it, even in the chaos. Thank you for giving back to your kids and your church. You are sowing sacred seed, my friend.

peace~elaine
PS: Love the pic of the steeple.

Hilary said...

Looks like a great VBS! I'm so glad you had fun and that so many children were there to learn about Jesus!
Good job with all the work you put into it!

Shelly said...

What an adorable VBS! I'm thrilled that you had such a great time and it was fruitful for not only the kids, but you also. Good work, lady!