Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank goodness...

that summer school is done for my little Mara. I'm tired of the morning fight to GET OUT OF BED (especially when big sister does not have to go to school) and this week especially because of late nights with VBS. How did summer school go? Mara loved it and actually loved the homework. However, the progress report might have just as well been in Spanish. I actually might understand that better.

Phonemic Segmentation-37 on 7/9, 32 on 8/4 Established/Low Risk
Nonsense Fluency-52 on 7/9, 34 on 8/4 Emerging/ Low Risk

Math Pre-test # Correct on 7/8= 3, 7/28=7, 8/4=10
Progress Made

The teacher had tucked this away in a folder within her homework folder so I read it after getting home. Math scores are great and all but what's the total possible? Reading scores-Do they go down or up? Any teachers out there that can explain what the hello dolly this means??

5 comments:

Amy said...

I have no clue.
Maybe that's why I couldn't find a job for the fall!!!!

Actually, I think I understand the math scores to maybe be out of 10? And that her pretest toward the beginning of SS were only 3 out of 10, & at the end of SS she scored a perfect score?
As for the phonics, I'm having a harder time following. It appears as if she didn't do as well at the end?
Did she bring home any of the tests/books?

Call the school & ask for an interpretation.
Spanish wouldn't be that hard to understand!!

About Nancy said...

I think I could decipher Spanish easier as well. Hope you find this out. Be nice to know how your child did.
Nancy

lfortney said...

I taught Kindergarten for 4 years and I have NO idea what that is all about! Definitely call and ask what they mean by all that. Those seem like nit picky things to be going to summer school for anyway. It must be different out there. I'm sure the teachers know what they're doing.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Hi Amy!
Your friend's sign is ready to go. I went ahead and posted it on my Etsy store for you to purchase. I already sent you a paypal invoice to your email with the total with shipping. Thanks again!! I hope your friend enjoys!

Honeybee said...

I tried looking it up to but couldn't figure out what the heck it all meant. Did you get a hold of her teacher? I'm sure Mara did great in summer school! Now she can enjoy the rest of her summer and sleep in as late as she wants!