I am awake this morning thinking of my children. They spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house so hubby and I could have the night to ourselves for our anniversary. We went to my friend's house for a BBQ with the family and then off to a sleepover they went. My honey and I went to get coffee and rent a movie and snuggled at home together. It was so great to be by ourselves however, we both thought our house felt like a museum. Not because it's gigantic and grand but because it was empty. No one getting up to go potty or get a drink of water or trying to sneak into my bedroom. My night was peaceful and wonderful yet I longed for my children to be here. I simply missed them.
If you think of it, please say a prayer for me this week. I decided to Direct our VBS at church this year. It starts tomorrow and the stress is mounting. Some things have fallen apart as I came home last night and had 6 messages on my answering machine. I'm about to head out the door to see what I can pull together today. I pray that the children who attend will come to know Jesus and that the details that I am stressed about won't matter.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

™

4 comments:
I'm sure you will do a great job! Try not to stress too much!
"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13
You will do GREAT as a director for your VBS. God will give you the tools you need to get through and I will pray that all the "issues" that have arrived will be either solved, or like you said, won't matter in the long run.
Have a great week!
I'll be thinking of and praying for you.
Is VBS here for you already!? It seems like yesterday I was doing those griping posts about mine...
I'll pray that yours is wonderful and no one loses sight of the bigger picture- bringing kids to know their Saviour!
Glad you had a lovely anniversary.
How did you first day of VBS go??
I prayed for you last night and today so I hope they worked to help calm your anxieties and to have fun!
Let me know how it went!
Post a Comment