Friday, October 10, 2008

Busy is my middle name.

Well, the Ortho doctor appt. went well this week. His finger is healing
nicely. They took it out of the splint and buddy taped it to his
ring finger. They want him to move it just as his other finger
moves. Apparently fingers heal quickly and circulation helps
it also. He'll have x-rays in two weeks for a follow up. I took
a picture in the office after it was taken out of the wrap.
It was still pretty swollen and bruised. The break is right below
the knuckle. Ouch.

Can you guess how many loads of laundry I did yesterday??
As the first official on my blog, I am asking anyone who
reads this simple post to guess how many loads. The first person
to guess correctly will score on some of my favorite goodies.

Last weekend Autumn and I went camping with the her
girl scout troop. It was a great time but seriously, those girls
are down right squirly. Seventeen girls and ten adults. We had
some real girl bonding time. My little girl is going to be double
digits in a couple of weeks. Where has the time gone??

Last week I started leading a bible study at my church. The one
that Ian broke his finger at. The study is proving to be an
awesome study, however, I am in need of much prayer. Huge
challenges have arisen because of Ian's finger. Not on my end at
all. Which to me feels even harder.
I've never felt like running out of church before until this week.
I really can't say more but if you have a heart for prayer and for
anyone in leadership please whisper a prayer on behalf of this
study. The ladies and I would appreciate it.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
Psalm 42:5

13 comments:

Aspiemom said...

7 loads?

I'm glad Ian's finger is healing enough to be used again.

I admire anyone who can lead a Bible Study and will pray for your situation.

Amy said...

Six loads?

That looks like my bed.

Ian, you're so brave!

mrs boo radley said...

t w e l v e

Will do a hair FAQ post on my blog soon!

Kate said...

I say 9 loads.

Laundry...ugghh. I don't mind DOING it, its just folding it and putting it away. A lot of times it just sits clean in laundry baskets in my living room. Then on Thursdays when my mother-in-law comes over, it miraculously gets folded. :) She even folds my underwear. Tee-hee!

You look adorable in that cute little hat!

Honeybee said...

Eight loads? Did I win?? Call me if you need to talk! I will keep you in my prayers.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I'm guessing 11 loads. I know our dirty laundry adds up fast! I do mine M-W-F to keep up.

So proud that you are leading a bible study. For me that would be very hard...I pray that your group will go as smooth as possible.

Glad to hear Ian's finger is healing...It sure sounds ouchy! Hang in there little guy.

Beth E. said...

Welp, it looks like 7 loads to me, but that has already been guessed! Of course, you could've already put some of your clothes away. The most I've ever done at once was 8. I seem to have a "perpetual pile" of laundry at my house. Even with our oldest away at college now, we constantly have dirty clothes. Our youngest, a teenage boy, changes clothes a couple of times a day...gotta look good for the girlfriend, ya know?

I'll be praying about your bible study. Claiming for you that "no weapons formed against (you) will prosper." God bless you!

4under3 said...

Hey....how about 10 loads!!!

Gosh, that seems like a massive amount of clothes. I'm praying it was only half that...for your sake and all.

Tiff

Mary Beth said...

I was going to say 8 but it has been taken. oh well...

loved the pics of the bb game. your mom is so YOUNG looking.

and... what is the Bible Study you are leading?

Raggedy Angel said...

5?
Beth

elizabeth embracing life said...

I am late coming into this post, but I would have guessed about 7 or 8 particularly because I run my laundry twice a week and it looks about like that.

Praying for your leadership in this Bible Study. Praying for the hearts of each lady as you lead and guide. Blessings sweet friend.

April said...

Dang it all, I missed your FIRST contest! Boo-hoo! I have been away from blogs since last wednesday...this crazy life I lead!

MerrandaVK said...

Too bad I am behind in my blogging efforts, as I would have guessed 8. I usually do 8-9 loads every week. But wow, you did it one day?