Thursday, October 2, 2008

Unique

I love getting a good deal. Bargains make me so happy. I clip coupons, watch for sales, and garage sale shop. Recently I was inspired to thrift shop (thanks Shelly www.lifeasweknowit5.blogspot.com) and was thrilled.

Really, it doesn't take much to make me happy. Chocolate, coffee, toilet paper on the roll, and cheap deals. So, I took Autumn to shop for clothes since she grew over the summer and had no pants to wear. It's fall which has required coats, gloves, and hats. Brrr.

We went to our local thrift shop (called Unique) and we scored. A new winter coat with tags on it, 2 sweaters, 1 shirt, and 8 pairs of pants for $47.00. Oh, how I love to get a good deal. :)

7 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Well we have to learn to save here and there these days...I go to goodwill to look for wood things to prim up. :)

April said...

Holy Buckets! That's a lot for a little! Wow!

elizabeth embracing life said...

That is a great deal. About two years ago I venture to the Goodwill distribution center. Where all the stuff from the trucks get dumped and then shipped out to the stores. There are bins and bins of stuff. I stumbled on this bin, that I am convinced the person who dumped these boys clothes had three boys exactly two years older than my three. There were 3,5,7 sizes of designer clothes like you have never seen. Is pent a little over $50 for about 6-8 pairs of gap, nordstrom, hanna anderson, and more of boys pants each, sweaters, shirts, coats, jammies, all nordstrom jammies. To this day I know it was all about God showing his faithfulness in some very hard financial times for our family. I have not had to go back, because I was able to fill four large storage bins and am just now sorting them for this next season...two years later.

Beth E. said...

Wow...what great deals! I love a good bargain. Oh, and I have to say that you made me smile soooo big about the toilet paper on the roll making you happy...lol It's a day of celebration for me when the TP gets put on the holder instead of the floor/counter/bathtub.

Shelly said...

Ooooh! You need to post pictures of your haul! Good for you, isn't it fun when you find stuff?

mrs boo radley said...

I am a thrift store fiend. And I don't think I'll ever not be one. I scored tons of clothes for husband and me for under $200, plus I got 20% off for being a loyal shopper. Twice a year qualifies as "loyal", apparently. Twice a year is all I can really handle on the shopping front.

Yes, do post pictures of your finds!

Shelly said...

Hmmm, I wonder if I can catch your cold from reading your blog...
I'm sick now! :-)
Are you better?