I was tagged by my bloggy buddy Shelly, whom I just adore,
and am to write 16 things about myself.
So, here it goes.
1. I love to read. I've been doing a lot of this lately as I have
found a new great author Philipa Gregory. My favorites are
historical fiction. It's the best way to spend a day. Does
anyone know how I could earn a paycheck doing this?
2. My day doesn't feel like it has started until I get a cup of
coffee. I love that first cup of Hazelnut with Half and Half.
Yum.
3. I wear make up every day. I don't think I have ever left
the house without at least foundation and mascara on. They
are my staple and a good lip gloss. I just feel naked without
them.
4. I wear jeans every day. Even church days. I'm a denim gal
and am always on the search for a great pair.
5. If I could, I would work the Night Shift. I've done that
shift before and if you can make it till 4 am it's smooth
sailing from there. I love to be up at night and definitely
can sleep in the daylight. I'm not able to do this right now
but you never know what might come up.
6. I love working with the elderly. I've worked at a nursing
home for a total of 11 years (have had 4 positions there.)
They are the best people to work and serve and I miss
them dearly.
7. I've only been a stay at home mom for 2 years. I love it
and wondered how I did it before working and having 3
children. I know I didn't see my husband much and felt
like I was missing out on their lives. (I worked evenings)
Not fun.
8. I have a hard time saying no. I'm constantly getting
myself roped into volunteering because of it. I actually
feel ill having to tell someone that I can't do something
even if I'm screaming inside that I don't want to do it.
Sick I know.
9. I have two sisters (that have blogs but are private so I
won't send you over to them) that I am blessed to walk
this earth with. I am the oldest and have always felt like
they were my babies.
10. My hubby and I met at a youth group event when I
was 14. We've had our ups and downs. Dating and break
ups. I love him more each and every day. He's my best
friend.
11. I'm allergic to cats. I own two of them. They are
adorable.
12. I've lived in the same state all of my life. We live in
the town that my hubby grew up in. A suburb of 50,000.
13. I love collecting recipes and making new things. I
usually peruse my friends cook books while over at their
house for a play date. I love talking food with others.
14. My least favorite household chore is laundry. I would
rather clean toilets and mow the lawn before tackling
clothes. It's a never ending battle and it feels draining to
me.
15. I love cauliflower. I eat it several times a week.
It's one of my favorite snacks to eat.
My hubby thinks I'm nuts and it's known in my family
that I love it so my mom always cuts some up in salads
when we come over dinners.
16. My toe nails are always painted. I only see them bare
when I am switching colors. They are a sporting a dark
wine color at the moment.
Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hope it wasn't too boring.
I lead a pretty mundane life here in the midwest.
Hope you all have a beautiful weekend. I'll be celebrating
my little girl's 7 year old friend party. Wish me luck. :)
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

™

4 comments:
#8 - Persevere, girlfriend! Start with saying "no" to something little. Be prepared for people to look shocked, and for them to try to lay a guilt trip on you...they just aren't used to hearing that word come out of your mouth! Stand firm. It truly gets easier each time you say it. I began saying, "Let me talk with Bill (hubby) about it and I'll get back to you," or "I'm going to pray about it before I make a decision." Even, "Let me check my calendar and I'll let you know." Then, if it's something your truly can't do or don't want to do, you can call them back. You can even wait until you know they aren't home and leave a message on their machine! lol I've done that, too. :o)
Okay, when I have a house, you can clean my toilets and I will do your laundry! Also, you can always have my cauliflower ANYTIME you want!
Aw! I adore you, too! It's funny...I also always have my toenails painted, rarely ever am without mascara and lipgloss and have lived in the same state all my life! :-)
every time i read your blog i remember how lucky I am to have you as MY sister
Post a Comment