"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials
of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your
faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3
Lately, my life has been increasingly difficult. I have been
tested and trialed in just about every area of my life since
September. One event has lead to another and I find myself
grown very weary.
"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow
weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31
Back in August I wrote this and little did I know what God
would be asking of me. The trust that he would require of
me. The trials, tears, heart ache, anger, and ultimately
my humbling.
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand,
that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on
him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7
My faith has been tested. My body has grown
very tired. My mind wants to give up. My heart wants
to cry. I have walked dark valleys these past months.
Some of which I won't be able to share on these pages.
"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me
beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me
in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod
and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table
before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint
my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness
and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will
dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23
However, there is a piece of me that has clung
to a thread of hope that there is a reason for this season
of my life. At this point, clinging to the cross is all I know to do.
Hold on for my dear life to my rock, my refuge, my salvation, my hope.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Romans 12:12
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

™

8 comments:
You've quoted wonderful verses. I have one additional verse, which has been a source of strength to me on my roller coaster rides, and it is James 1:9--and I think the World English Bible says it best:
But let the brother in humble circumstances glory in his high position...
So much easier said than done, my friend. Our prayers support you on all sides. Continue to let God be your rock. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.
I am always here for you for a listening ear...I'm so sorry that you are going through a tough time. I feel like our road will be a little bumpy in the upcoming days and months as well. :( Hang in there and keep us posted. Hugs.
I'm so sorry for the trials you are going through. I pray that the verses and your relationship with Christ will give you peace.
Oh Honee! I'm wishing I could give you a hug! Hang onto those verses for dear life, He is the only one who can pull you through...If you need to "talk", I'm here for you.
I am so sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time. The past three years our family went through many challenges and struggles. Then last year we faced extreme betrayal by some people we thought were friends, which caused us to go through financial difficulties as well.
Through all the heartache and tears during those three years, we were able to see more clearly the grace and love of our heavenly Father, protecting us throughout that long journey.
When you get through all of this (and you WILL get through it), you will be able to clearly see the hand of God and how He guided you through it all, and your faith will become even stronger.
I am praying for you...
WE are always here for you, whatever you may be going through. Always know that you can count on us for anything. We love you so much. Stay strong.
I may not know what you are going through, but our Heavenly Father does and I know that you know this already, but He is with you, alongside you as you face these trials. I pray you will be filled to overflowing with peace and trust. I pray you will find comfort in Him and in your family and friends.
Please, let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I know we live at opposite ends of the state - well, almost :) - if you want to get together for coffee or anything, I'm here if you need me!
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10
"But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened."
1 Peter 3:14
Blessings to you,
Hilary
Clinging to the cross is all we can do. I just read Psalms 145: and it brought such comfort to my heart. Praying for you as this season builds you for the next one.
Post a Comment