Sunday, January 11, 2009

My neck of the woods

You might live in my state if your house looks like this.
A little buried in the snow.
You might live in my state if it looks like this out of your
front car window while driving to a play date today and
you don't even flinch. You just keep driving.

You might live in my state if your children have spent
more days doing this than not. We love our sledding
hill behind our house.

You might live in my state if your children can take
ski lessons for 5 months of the year.



Finally, you might live in my state if skating is an indoor
activity because it's too cold to do this outside.
What's winter like in your neck of the woods????

11 comments:

Honeybee said...

Well, winter here is not very pretty. The grass is kind of a brownish green color and some of the trees don't have any leaves..it kind of looks like MN in early spring. I can't really complain about the temperatures though. Usually it's in the 50-60s. This week is supposed to get colder with lows in the 20s. (that's REALLY cold to the people from here). Be careful in all that snow up there!

Hilary said...

Well, my neck of the woods is just like yours! :)
How awesome that your kids get to do so many fun winter activities! Sledding, skiing, ice skating - awesome!
We love sledding here at our house too. At the park across the street is a good sledding hill. Bonus that your hill is right in your backyard!

Hope you are doing well - I continue to pray for you.
Blessings,
Hilary

Anonymous said...

Pretty much like yours with more on the way!!! But I love it!!! Helps me to appreciate spring so much more!

Amy said...

Not near as pretty.

I think my state is where all the fronts collide.
Last night's wind sounded like it was blowing the house down.
And today's high of twenty-something is supposed to bring a wintery-mix.

Mostly we get ice storms. Which shuts down the city & means a few days off school because there's not much you can do w/ ice.

I love snow. It's pretty. You can have fun in it. And we get our fair share I guess.

It does make you appreciate spring.
AND 4-wheel drives. ;)

Unknown said...

my view looks like your view! the penalty for sunshine today is bitter cold, -20 this am. Where is spring? love the pictures, love you, spampam

Beth E. said...

It's very dreary and muddy here...we had two weeks of solid rain. I've been praying for a little snow! Temps are in the upper 40's today, but we're supposed to get a blast of cold air beginning tonight. Possibility of snow showers on Thursday...hoping it's enough to justify me staying home from work!!!

Looks like a great time in your neck of the woods!

Blessings to you...I've been praying for you. :o)

mrs boo radley said...

Golly, I sure miss that neck of the woods.

Not.

Our neck had sunshine and 50 F today! Three weeks ago we had 16 inches of snow! First time in 40 years apparently!

Pretty pics, my friend.

Aspiemom said...

I like seeing your pictures, but wouldn't want to live there!

We're having an unusually cold week for GA- in the upper 30's. I'm concentrating on the fact that in about 2 months we'll be enjoying our deck!

elizabeth embracing life said...

We sure had our share of snow a few weeks back. Great pictures. Right now the sun is shining and I am heading out with just sweaters for an afternoon playdate outside in the warm sunshine.

soccer mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

You've been tagged! :-)