Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetie

My darling little girl Mara is 7 years old today.
How can it be that she is growing up so quickly?



Mara, I love you more each passing day. I love everything
about you. Your smile that lights up a room. Your
giggle that comes from the depths of your belly.
The way you hold my hand, wrap your arms around
me for a hug, and kiss me goodnight.

You love your friends and you also love to entertain them.
You make everyone laugh with your wit and charm.

You most love to play with Barbies, horses, anything miniature
and to draw. You have grown so much
in your reading and to hear you read is absolute joy.

You still sleep with your blanky and a thumb
plopped in your mouth. It's a hard one to give up especially
the first time I saw you do it was during my ultrasound of
you.

You love all animals but especially our kitties. Your
tender heart is beautiful. You love Jesus and tell me all
about him often.

There is no other that loves to be in the kitchen with me like
you. You love watching cooking shows, cutting up food, and
mixing it in the pan. Your favorite is kneading the dough and
tasting it of course. What a little foodie you are.
What a blessing this little 6 lb 10 oz girl is to me.
She came 2 weeks early and was my easiest labor.
She had a beautiful red fuzzy head of hair and a pair of
sparkling blue eyes. She has grown is so many
ways. I cherish her like no other and can't wait to
see her sleepy little head in the morning, her
bright smiling face as she returns from school and
to see the person that she is becoming every day.
Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Girl!!

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

Happy Birthday, Mara!

What sweet pictures. I especially like the one with both of you in it. You should get that framed.

Our first-born turned 21 yrs. last week. Seems like it happened overnight!

Blessings to you and your precious family...

Honeybee said...

Beautiful blog about a beautiful girl!

April said...

Hope you had fun going out on Saturday Mara! Lorenzo and I are so glad we got to celebrate with yoU!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh so beautiful are all her pictures. Ethan will be seven in April. What a glorious age. He is proud to know that he is a "grade-schooler". Thanks for sharing Mara's special day. I loved the cupcakey piccy too.

April said...

I looked at these pictures again today and my heart hurt when I thought about how much I absolutely love that girl! All your kids!

I also had a chuckle seeing the singing Vikings hamster in her hands in the one picture!