Saturday morning Autumn's girlscout troop and I headed
out to Walmart where we spent lots of money. We
adopted a family for Easter and let the girls spend some of
their earnings from cookie sales on a very deserving family.
They have 5 children that each got a bucket (shown above)
with clothes, books, toys, candy, and a family basket with
activites for all and a gift card for groceries. We are also
bringing them Easter dinner this week. It was such a great
opportunity to bless someone else and I know that the girls
were so rewarded in giving unto others. I encourage each
and everyone of you to bless someone else today with what God has
given you. Bless someone with a meal, a card, babysitting,
clothes, groceries, diapers, anything. I know that God directed
me to this family and know that he can direct you to someone
that needs encouragement this very hour.
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12:9-13

™

7 comments:
That is so great. What a gift you are giving that family...and what a gift you are giving your children, teaching them to give. I can remember doing things like that with my family growing up. So great you are giving your kids that foundation, too!!
I put a card on my neighbor's car's windshield today!
Does that count?
PS It wasn't "the" neighbors ;)
We just did this with the kids. We told them that there was a family that we should bless. That God wants us to take the things he gives us and bless others. They got it. They truly got it. They never once begged for anything for themselves and wanted to help pack the boxes. It was the first time I saw my kids really enjoy the giving end. Blessings to your children for giving thier hard earned pennies to bless others.
I'm blessed to have been a recipient of your giving heart...thanks for the fun idea!!!
You're ABSOLUTELY right, the gift of giving is a TRUE BLESSING! Great job, Mom, for teaching that to your little ones! ;-)
HAPPY EASTER!
I have decided I need to make more of an effort to check your blog being that it is a great way to stay connected. Maybe I will even get around to starting my own! It was absolutely wonderful to be able to see you all this past week. I am so lucky to have such an awesome family! Keep in Touch! Love, M
I bet you all had A LOT of fun! Have you started your Garden seeds yet? Or do you buy plants?
Miss you!
~Becky
Post a Comment