Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Birthday!






Oh you have changed so much these last 4 years. My handsome little man that I love so very much. Did you know that mommy was a little scared to have a baby boy? I didn't know what to do with a little guy like you after growing up with only girls and having two girls already. I never knew that you could wrap me around your little finger like you have. My love for you is like no other and I am so proud to call you my son. You came into my life like a whirlwind and it has forever been changed for the better because God chose me to be your mother. You are such an active little guy and have been jumping and climbing since you could move. You walked at 10 months old and had to go into a bed at 15 months old because I thought you would break your neck trying to get out of your crib. You love "your girls" and can't wait till they get home from school. You entertain me with playing with trains, pirates, cars, helicopters, boats (any moving vehicle really) and your beloved lego sets. You can't wait to wrestle with daddy and play "mission to mars." You construct like no other and have a wonderful vocabulary. This is amazing in itself since you didn't really talk till you were 2 and had to have speech for a year from a severe delay. Ian, on the day you were born our family was complete. Our baby boy, that pats my back, gives me nosey kisses, crawls in bed with me most nights, and our funny little comedian, you found a way into our hearts right away and we were forever blessed. Happy 4th birthday my sunshine! Love you to the moon and back!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the easter basket picture!!! so cute :o)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Ian!

PS It's encouraging to hear that Ian had speech & has a great vocab now! Gabe has a delay & it often worries me. We're in the middle of decision-making on his behalf as our insurance won't cover speech therapy! Aargh! It's $700 just to get him started. And we don't exactly have that layin' around. ;)

Anyway, enjoy the celebrations!

Amy said...

Thanks for commenting back on your journey w/ Ian's speech delay.
Our district won't take children until they're 3, which he won't be until August. We really wanted to get him help before then because 1) He gets SO frustrated w/ his lack of communication, it usually turns into a tantrum. 2) Having a background in early childhood dev'p, I'm aware of the important window of dev'p he's missing out on in his language.
Plus, it just makes me so sad that he wants to talk to us SO much & can't.

Tonya said...

mxAAWWWWWW... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ian! What a precious gift you are to your Mommy and Daddy! (And sisters too)


I also wanted to say thanks for your prayers for our little Allie Grace. We're just a few hours away and the adoption will be FINAL. I'm SO EXCITED about being an aunt again! I'll update as soon as I hear anything on her tests.

THANKS AGAIN!

soccer mama said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome little man! I think that in our society we always hear about the special relationship between Dads and daughters (daddys girl) but that same special relationship between mothers and sons is often looked at differently. Being a mamas boy has a negative stigma as boys get older. That is so sad, because it IS such an awesome thing, having a "mama's boy". My relationship with my son has taught me so much in this life. I am so glad that you have a little guy to teach you all about "boy stuff"! It will (and probably already has) make you a better, more rounded person. Enjoy your babys 4th Birthday!

Faithful Froggers said...

Happy Birthday, Ian!

What a sweet, sweet tribute to your little guy. Boys are so much fun. What a blessed miracle he is! Enjoy every minute of his special day.

Love & FROG,
Heather

elizabeth embracing life said...

Awwww...so precious!!

April said...

Happy Birthday Ian! Thank you for coming to my music program! It was so fun seeing you there!