Yesterday I had the most imperfect day. I was rude, not kind, and not patient. My children were the poor benefactors of my mood. The worst about this is that I can't take back yesterday. It was the last day I got to spend with my sister who went back to Mississippi after the most wonderful visit (extended because of the hurricane) and I was in a bad mood. I think a lot of it stemmed from my sadness of her returning to her home so far away from me but really that is a poor excuse. I know I am human and so very flawed. I know that all parents have bad days. I know God has forgiven me but will my children be just as forgiving for my bad parenting yesterday. I hope and pray that they forgive and forget yesterday and that their memories are the sweetness spent with their aunties, uncles, and grandparents.
Proverbs 14:29 "A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly."
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

™

10 comments:
I can assure you that the memories (be it yesterday or last year) your children will hold onto are the the good ones. The ones of you being patient kind.
After all you are the FAITH HOPE & LOVE Mama!!
Give yourself a hug...kids are resilient! They probably don't even remember it today!
I"ve felt like that before and it's almost harder to forgive myself than it is to ask for forgiveness from others...
Don't worry about it! I was escaping in my Scramble game and then doing seating charts! I mean come on! We are all not perfect!
That food was delicious wasn't it!?
I can't believe Melissa and Clay had to go back to MS! I miss them terribly! We were all spoiled by their extended stay!
Poor mama! We all have a bad day here and there. You are a wonderful mother, your kids know that and that is what they will remember.
I hope that your kiddos had a wonderful first week of school!
Have a good weekend!
Don't feel bad sis! We all had a great time and we all have "those" days. Can't wait to come back and see you all already!
Well us momma's have our days...I feel guilty sometimes when I'm a little crabby, don't feel so well, or just trying to get things done around the house.
Glad to hear you got time with your sister again. It must be hard to have someone so close...not so close.
Have a great weekend!
Oh, do I have those moments/days too.
I think the things that help are knowing other moms go through the same thing and that, like you mentioned, Jesus will forgive us and that we have a clean slate the next day! I know guilt can get the best of me sometimes and I worry that Isaac must think I don't love him or something....but I know that is not true.
So, be gentle on yourself and know that your kids will not hold it against you! You are a wonderful mommy.
~Hilary
i've so had those days!
I emailed ya! Tell me what you think!
Yesterday in the car I was praying with the boys. I asked God to give me extra good measure of choosing to be kind. My six year old said that I did not need to pray to be kind, that I am always kind. I said I do pray that I make the choice to be kind when my heart does not feel like it. He looked away, pondered that thought, looked back and said, mom you are just kind, you don't need to pray for that. This was after having little patience getting three boys into a car, half dressed, cold and breakfast trailing behind. Kids have a short memory.
Post a Comment