Waffles, orange juice, and this cute little hand made sign
that said "Welcome Home Mommy! We love you!"
My wonderful children gave me this wonderful surprise.
I spent the weekend at Big Sandy Camp/Retreat Center.
With this awesome group of ladies.
Apparently never being away from my children for a
weekend made them appreciate me the more.
At least enough to welcome me home with a special breakfast.
I spent the weekend in joyful fellowship with these women
studying John 15 and alone time in much needed prayer.
I've never gone away like this before and my time was
sweet and God surely blessed our time together.
We ate, laughed, played games, prayed, studied, and simply
enjoyed eachother. A special bonus was that my mom
got to come with and it was such a blessing to have her there.
"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."
John 15:12
John 15:12

™

6 comments:
That is awesome, good for you! Is it Big Sandy Lake in McGregor, MN? If so Chads parents have a cabin there, we go all the time. Have a great week!
That sounds like a wonderful time! A mom needs to get away for special "alone" time. It makes us better mothers when we come home. :)
Hey there! You asked about the little doggy.. yes, he's the same pup we had on the site "laughing." You wouldn't believe the grief I got over that video (on youtube). People called me an animal abuser and threatened to "turn me in." Some people are SO CRAZY! The very ones to raise such a "stink" over an animal will be the very ones to fight to keep abortion LEGAL! What's WRONG with this world?? I wasn't hurting the puppy, but because I assumed he probably didn't like to be "tickled" I didn't do it again. I even ended up removing the video from youtube. (Don't even let me start ranting about the morals of some folks) Heehee...
Even though Spanky is a little one.. he's an OUTSIDE boy! He will NOT housebreak. He wants EVERYONE to know that everything is HIS! LOL!!!!
Alrighty.. I didn't mean to take up your whole guestbook. I've gotta go get decent (which means out of my pj's and into every day stuff) because we have a man coming to work on our dryer AND ice maker. It seems when one thing breaks, EVERYTHING tries to fall apart behind it. HEEHEE...
LOVE YOU!
Hi Amy!
That is super cool. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the weekend away.
I leave in 31 days. I will try to call before I go...or e-mail/blog.
I can blog from there too.
:) Becky
That sounds delightful. And so sweet that your fam missed you.
Absence does make the heart grow fonder (it also makes others aware of how much momma does around the house)!
oh how fun!!!! I'm so glad you got to go!!!! and hurray for special surprises when you get home.
Post a Comment