We invited my parents over for steaks on the grill and while hubby was getting the grill hot I was inside making the side dishes. Kids were out back playing in the yard with a couple of neighbor kids. I'm chatting to my sis on the phone while chopping veggies and then the chaos begins.
Autumn came in saying that Ian's mouth was bleeding. I hung up with sis to see hubby carrying Ian inside with a huge amount of blood pouring from his mouth. His top lip was completely split open. I knew he needed stitches. So off to the urgent care we went.
Urgent Care sent us to the ER since none of the four doctors wanted to attempt this kind of stitch. It was vital they stitched it up well or the scar could be really bad. They thought they would have to sedate him to get him to hold still and had to wait until four hours after his last food was eaten. Well, my brave boy allowed me to numb his lip with liquid lidocaine and he laid completely still for them to put in four stitches. The doc said he was such a brave kid and that he did awesome. Four hours later and we were on our way. My mom came to hang out with us in the ER as she has done many times with all of my kids. She's such a great grandma.
Now the question of how did Ian have such an awful injury. Let's just say that since neither hubby or I witnessed it the kids had to fill us in on the details. Ian and Mara were fighting over who knows what. Mara got angry and grabbed the garden hose and whipped it at him. The metal end piece sliced his lip open. Not good. Mara felt very bad and I am sure she will think twice next time her temper flares. She is a fiery little red head. That is for sure. My poor baby though. I hope it heals o.k. or off to the plastic surgeon he will go. Hopefully the rest of the weekend is much more uneventful!

™

7 comments:
oh my!!! what an adventure!
Life is never dull with 3 children! Poor kid! When Kristian was around 5 he had a bike accident and split his lip. For the next few days his lip was so huge you hardly could reconize him. He was misrable. I hope your little guy didnt wake up like that today.
I think I am going to go with RiRi Disigns, that is what most people have come up with, thanks for your help!
I hope that the rest of your weekend is less eventful!
Ooh I cringed while reading how "it" happened. Poor little guy. I'm sure he will be sore for a few days. But glad that he was a brave boy and they could stitch him up correctly. Hope the rest of your weekend is going better. :)
Hi! I found your blog from my friend Kate's blog (my life as a mom-kate). I feel for you; my boys have had seemingly quite a few facial/head injuries and wow do they bleed!!! I've gotten to the point of just saying, oh well, it's probably not that bad and waiting till the blood stops and then usually all it is is a miniscule little cut. Of course the volume of the boys screaming always matches the volume of blood pouring out!
I hope it heals well!
Oh my goodness, that is some cut. I can't imagine how brave he had to be to have the doc leaning over his face and working on him. Makes me cringe. I hope it heals well.
POOR BOY!! He looks like a little angel sleeping in that pic. I hope he heals quickly. Give him a squeeze from auntie mel!
Poor little guy! I hope his lip is feeling better and healing quickly! I bet it is interesting to eat!
Wish we did not have this in common this week!!
Post a Comment