My little lovies participate in our Wednesday night church program
called AWANA. John and I also work as a leader and
secretary so we are always busy that evening. Last week
was the awards ceremony and I could not have been
prouder. Each of them finished their book for the year. This
is no small task as each of them has to memorize verses
(like 20 for Ian, 32 for Mara, and 54 for Autumn) and
do prayer work, missionary work, nature activities and more.
I am so thankful that they each have a heart for God and
I pray that they remain close to their Savior always.
Ian and I are hanging out in the car waiting for a friend
and her kids for a play date. I rarely get in the pictures
as I am usually the ones taking them so a self photo every
once in a while is needed. I love this little guy and feel so
fortunate to spend my days with him. He is so fun!
Mara was working on writing her alphabet this week. So
I decided to take a shot of her cute little fingers wrapped
around her pen working so hard at producing those letters.
She has improved so much over this year and I am very
proud of her.
The neighbor kids have come out of the woodwork. Every
Spring this happens and all of a sudden my backyard is
full of children and kids are running in and out of my house.
Usually they are trying to sneak another Mr. Freeze.
Every morning this week two of Autumn's friends have
joined us well before it's time for school to hang out and
watch Clifford. I love the fact that these 9 year olds still
like watching younger kids shows and have some innocence
left to them. To be honest, at time I am annoyed that the
neighbors are always over here. Today though I was thinking how
blessed I am that my kids and our house is where they want to be.
God might have a reason for sending these kids my way and I don't want
to miss an opportunity that might impact where they
spend their eternity. Besides I always wanted lots of kids so maybe
God is providing for me in this area. :)
I'll finish off with my kitty. I was cleaning windows yesterday
and he decided to help by laying down in my window box.
You know, full of dirt, dragging in muck on my clean windows and
floors. What a nice little kitty. He's lucky he's so cute and
cuddly or I might have been mad at him.

™

7 comments:
That's the key...Be 'the house' with the 'cool mom' and have tons of kids around. Your house will only be noisy for a few years. The rewards may last for eternity!
"You're Welcome." (for the Sermon of the Day...)
Grins.
AWANA sounds like a wonderful program! I wish something like that at our church...that would be great!
Loved to see all your pics...friends and all. :)
ahhhh...Sammy looks sooo adorable. I love it!
I particularly love Mara's nails...are those butterflies? ;)
Yes, I was a bit MIA this week:
I was babysitting for a friend who decided to join her hubby for business in N Mexico. She has a 1 & 3 yr old. The 1 yr old was pretty sick getting breathing treatments 3x/day, steroids, ab drops in his double-infected ears, & an antibiotic.
So, besides the fact that I had a 1 yr old, 2 yr old, 3 yr old, & 4 yr old, the one kept me busy running the pharmacy!!
Makes me enjoy the ease of "just" 2 again. ;)
But I'll admit,
it was lots of fun.
Happy Weekend (almost)!!
I second hanging out with out little boys. I just love our little guy! Just right now--thinking of him and the cute things he does during the day choke me up. Aren't sons fabulous!!!
And, great job teaching your children what's truly important in life. If they learn anything from us--that's the one thing I pray that sticks.
You're children are adorable!!
What a precious family you have. I loved those pictures and visiting your blog.
loved the pics! it makes me feel like i'm not missing out on so much! give the kids a squeeze from auntie mel! :x
Post a Comment